Have you ever been Boo’d? It’s really not a bad thing. I thought it would be when I first heard of this fun new tradition during Halloween. It’s actually fun and incorporates some childhood games along the way.
The idea is simple; assemble Boo Kit (stuff a bag with goodies, ghost & poem), leave on friend or neighbors door step and Ding Dong Ditch them. My family has done this the past few years and it never gets old. The funniest time is when we got Boo’d right back with our goodie bag, ha ha ha, you see…you have to BOO at least 2 more friends. How did I know? It was a cute small white handled gift bag w/ a cut out ghost I printed on pearlized paper. That’s how I knew. I will say, in that bag we received the cutest black cat candle. Till this day it brings a smile to my face when I unpack it. Thank you Tracy Wells. Ok, here is what you need.
2. Buy goodies to stuff your bag. Notice I have The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown ghost. I found these at a school supply store US Toy Company. Of course you need Tricks and Treats. I’ve also added a mini bottle of Tequilla. Hey why not? My mommy friends and I love the stuff. Just make sure you leave your bag when adults are home. I’m not endorsing underage drinking.
3. Find your Boo Kit Poem, download and print. I found this cute one on Etsy for $5.00 from the Whimsical Market. You can also type up your own. Just make sure you include the instructions of; what the kit is for and the responsibility to pass on 2 more. Note: the RECEIVER must hang Ghost or We’ve Been Boo’d cut out or signage on their door or window. You should only receive one a Halloween season and let others enjoy the fun too! Now be sure to BOO someone that will follow through, like someone with kids and that is fun. They are more likely to participate. Not a good time for a DUD!
4. Stuff your goodie bag with candy, toys or liquor. Really a Bloody Mary or Midnight Margarita for one would be awesome.
5. VERY IMPORTANT! Don’t forget to include your printables. i.e. Ghost, Poem etc… it defeats the being BOO’d idea if you just leave it out.
6. Deliver your Boo Kits to 2 special neighbors/friends that “HAVE NOT” been BOO’d yet.
7. Oh you say you don’t have time to assemble, do yah? Well you can visit our Etsy shop Frolicking Gypsies and we’ll make them for you.