Who doesn’t love good old fashion snail mail? Unless it is a bill you weren’t expecting or some type of notice; mail is fun to receive. Especially a care package for you. I mean really, an amazon box is like Christmas year round. Seriously, though, a homemade care package is always well received.
We recently had a friend that was hospitalized for a while. He suffered a traumatic brain injury. It was devasting to hear about. The good news is he’s on the mend. With all the hospital cost a Go Fund Me was started in his name and we are planning to make a financial donation too. But we really wanted to send something personal.
Here is what we did:
- A Large box from USPS lined with positive message wrapping paper w/a postcard from where we live.
- A Get Well card.
- A few boxes of popular Girl Scout Cookies (I was stuck buying them anyway.)
- Deck of Cards in a fun theme. This one was craft beer.
- Super cute googly eyed stuff animal. This cat (matched our card) was too cute to pass up and totally frivolous.
- Finished up with origami cranes we made at the request of his parents. 1.000 Cranes
Praying and wishing for our friend Andy to have a 100% recovery. – T*